Thursday, April 4, 2013

Committee Member: Tobias, General Committee 2013

Tobias Henriksen
What are you studying at La Trobe?

Currently doing my first year here at La Trobe Uni and so far I am loving it!! I am studying Animal and Vet Bioscience, after which I hope to transfer over to Melbourne Uni and do a Vet Science degree.

Ever since I was young I have always loved animals, so as long as I am working with animals in the future I will be happy, though I am aiming to become a qualified vet.

What do you love about French language and francophone culture?

What isn’t there to love about the French language? Other than it is a completely different language, it is a language used in many places of the world, it can be seen as quite a sophisticated, and even our own English language has been greatly influenced by the French language ... awesome!!

Ohh and the culture!! Love the food! Love the music! Love the cinematography! Love the Language! Love the history! Love everything!!

Any francophone movies/books you could recommend?

It really depends on one’s own personal preferences. Au Revoir Les Enfants is a beautiful piece set in the time of the second world war. The song “Fils de France” by Damien Saez ... I can listen to for hours on end! This piece is all about France and how the people stay strong during times of conflict, both internal and external.


Just a general read or viewing of anything French is a change from our day to day English culture. It really is something special to experience a new culture and a really think the best way to be part of the French culture is to immerse yourself in everything French.

No comments:

Post a Comment